Friday, October 12, 2007

Further to...

I thought I should probably give more of an idea as to what Cubed is about and what I hope to achieve by bringing it all together...

I am truly passionate about the creative community in Australia and believe that there are so many phenomenal artists, crafters and creators out there who just need a whiff of exposure to take off and in turn, show the world that there is more to life than mass produced sheep-wear.

While I believe that each and every one of these talented people deserve their moment in the sun, I also believe that regional Australians don't have quite the same opportunities as those from the larger cities. I guess it's significantly more difficult to head to the weekly markets in Bondi or Melbourne if you live in Broken Hill or Albury. I know that blogging and websites like those I mentioned yesterday do make it easier to maintain a presence, it doesn't necessarily make it easier to participate in a wider community of creatives.

That is what I hope to achieve here. I want to give credit where credit's due and to draw attention to some of our country's most amazing regional creators. So please, drop me a line if you see or know someone who you think deserves a shout-out. Co-operation is where its at...

B

No comments: